Oh Yum: Gluten-free PBJ Crisp
Who doesn't love a good PBJ? Seriously, if you don't, I just don't know what to say. Anyhoo, you can enjoy all the yumminess of that salty/sweet combination without the bread! I developed this recipe myself and it's become a household favorite. Gluten-free, no added fats or oils, and depending on your preference, no added sugar either. Here's how you make magic happen:
Strawberry Jam Ingredients:
- 2, 10 oz. bags of whole frozen strawberries (thawed)
- 2 Tbsp. tapioca pearls (small)
- 1 cap vanilla extract
- sweetener of choice to taste (I use truvia or stevia, but feel free to sub in your preference)
Crisp Topping Ingredients:
- 1 cup organic, gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. powdered Truvia (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, smashed/chopped
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine all the strawberry jam ingredients with a food processor. Pulse just until combined and berries are no longer whole. Chunks are good, just don't over pulverize it to a soup. :) Pour into a round pie pan and set aside.
Combine all the crisp topping ingredients and sprinkle evenly over top of the strawberry jam base. Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Serve with extra peanuts, and add a dollop of your favorite diary-free ice cream or whipped topping if you need that creamy kick.