Oh Yum: Tomato Balsamic and Roasted Chick Pea Toast
Breakfast toasts are so "in" right now it's kind of crazy. People are putting everything on toast, and why not? It's the perfect edible surface on which to experiment. For today's Oh Yum, we've made a tasty combination of tomatoes and chick peas.
In our opinion, every toast recipe needs some basic elements to make it properly mouth-watering:
- Something creamy
- Something crunchy
- Something zingy
Combine those three elements and you're on your way to creating a library of your own toasty adventures.
- 1/2 cup bean spread (olive oil, navy beans, and sea salt to taste pulverized into a yummy, buttery spread)
- 1 large yellow tomato and a handful of yellow grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup roasted chick peas
- 2 drizzles balsamic vinegar
- fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt to taste
- 2 slices whole grain bread toasted
Once again we're putting our bean spread to work, but if you'd prefer, you can use your favorite mild humus for this recipe. Whatever floats your boat. On top of that, layer your sliced tomatoes, drizzle with your favorite balsamic vinegar for a delicious bright acidic bite and top it all off with some crunchy roasted chick peas. You can pick these up at most grocery stores, we used Saffron Road's Bombay Spice version for this one.
Finish it all off with a sprinkle of fresh ground black pepper and sea salt to taste. Enjoy!